ICE CREAM VAN HIRE & CASH CARRY
ADVICE ON BOOKING
If you are responsible for booking an ice cream van, then make sure you follow EU best practice on Hiring Mobile Catering Units (HMCU) which stresses that in the interest of public safety & hygiene any event organiser should endeavour to satisfy the following criteria prior to confirming any booking for a catering unit:
- Does the company or individual offering their services possess a valid Food & Hygiene certificate (level 2 at the very least?)
- Do they possess valid public liability insurance?
- Ensure that the ice cream van is no more than 7 years old in age. The older the van, the greater the noise pollution, toxic emissions, lack of hygiene and genral appearance. Request a copy of the vehicle log book to verify the age for the vehicle(s) being booked. Genuine companies will forward proof of age without quibble.
- Does the staff wear a company uniform?
- What type of ice cream mix will they be using for your event? Always ask whether it is long life or fresh ice cream mix? Because 'long-life' is customarily cheap UHT mix full of unhealthy additives and preservatives and tastes insipid. Always demand 'fresh ice cream mix' as this is made from fresh dairy milk, free from harmful additives & preservatives; & tastes delicious.
Here at Boro Ices we can proudly confirm that we satisfy all of the above requirements outlined by HMCU and more. We possess:
- CIEH Food & Hygiene certificate level 2.
- £10 million public liability insurance
- ISO 9001 Quality Management Certificate
- Member of The Ice Cream Alliance
- Member of National Outdoor Event Caterers.
If any company fails to meet any one of the above conditions, then you must refrain from booking them.